<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: World Keeps On A Turnin'

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

World Keeps On A Turnin'

It has been a very interesting week for me folks, and not in the fun way. Whenever something likes this happens, it becomes very difficult to resume your normal and mundane day-to-day activities. Everyone else is happy, cheerful and having a good time (more so during the holiday season) while you are carrying around a big burden with a large sense of loss. This feeling does go away, I promise you, and life will go on, because time and tide stop for no one.

This event has given me a long time to sit and reflect on the path that my life has taken. While not a smooth ride from the get-go, it certainly hasn't been dull. And therefore, a sort of plan has coalesced in my mind, which contain a series of "yes or no" situations that must occur FIRST. Then, and only then, will the plan will be fully formed and in action. I will not state the blueprints here, but it concerns me and my pursuit of journalism.

While my holidays were not filled with the usual joy, I did experience my very first Christmas party at my good friend Eric's house (by the way Eric, it costs a lot more for your last name to be included here), along with my sister, her husband and my brother. It was a very nice evening where I got to meet his family and have a good time. It wasn't a large shindig, but good company and conversation is what matters, right? And good times were had, so thank you Eric, Taylor and your entire family for making me feel right at home :)

New Years plans are still up in the air though.... any invites? lol

I would like to wish everyone a happy holidays and nothing but good fortune and happy times ahead in the new year.

Cheers

2 Comments:

At December 30, 2007 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little piece of advice is, everything will work out in the end. Whatever happens with you, eventually you will be happy again.

And I will all be here when you are.

Hell, I will all be here when you aren't as well.

So let yourself feel the way you do but remember, eventually you will be happy again!

 
At December 31, 2007 at 7:01 AM , Blogger inna said...

words of wisdom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home