<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: An Odd Phenomenon

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Odd Phenomenon

It all began when I first moved to Ottawa.

I began noticing people who very closely resembled friends from Toronto. Usually, it would warrant a second look, to confirm that it was NOT them.

However, there have been a few times when I thought I have seen a few of my best friends from Toronto here in Ottawa: Inna, Elisa, Sahab, Amanda and Jen.

After about a month or two in Ottawa, I stopped noticing.

Then, a few days ago, I sat next to 'Jen' on the bus. It was creepy. It was not just someone who slightly resembled her. It was someone who LOOKED like her, complete with the outfit and sunglasses.

However, there was one major difference ... 'Toronto Jen' is much, much prettier.

Therefore, I have come up with a name for this phenomenon:
Ottawa Twin Syndrome.

I spoke to a friend of mine about this, and she is slightly nuts (which I am as well, so we get along brilliantly) and we came up with something. It is a commonly held belief, that people say that they must have someone who looks like them somewhere in the world. Therefore, if this is true, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that some of these individuals that resembled my good friends reside on Ottawa.

And now, for something everyone needs ... spontaneous DANCING from So You Think You Can Dance Season 4. Three of the best.

*I apologize for the low quality of the last one ... it's the best I could find. There used to be a better one ...*







UPDATE:
I completely forgot about this one!!!!
Thanks Sara!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM , Anonymous Sara said...

I think you need to add this one to the list:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u2XZV5m6yo

 
At May 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sara, you are completely right. I knew there was a few I forgot!

100% ADDED :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home