<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: What I've Been Up To Lately ...

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I've Been Up To Lately ...

Hey there folks, sorry for my prolonged absence!

I assure you, I have been extremely busy with juggling my four jobs, and as you can probably guess, they keep me pretty darn busy. So, I have decided to do something about it.

From now on, whenever I make a post on another website, I will link to it here. That way, everyone can see just how hard I've been working.

So, here are the link to all my latest posts for LabSpaces, starting with my very first one on the effects of the Gulf oil spill entitled, "The Effects of Oil on Wildlife."

My next post was about the unique research currently being undertaken with snakes, called "It's What's on the Inside that Counts."

Following that, there was a lot of news about the World Cup of Soccer. So, I decided to take a very interesting look at a rather unique animal involved in the World Cup - An octopus named Paul in "Ink-credible Invertebrates."

Then, dabbling into a field in which I have enormous interest (infectious diseases), I decided to write a post about a rather unique way scientists are fighting malaria. The post was entitled "All the Bite, Without the Risk."

After being asked by numerous people that read my blog on LabSpaces, I then decided to tell them all just "A Little Bit About Me."

Before I went on my trip to UK and Europe (which was AMAZING), I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the greatest tv of the year - Discovery Channel's Shark Week. Inspired, I wrote about what I believe to be "The Best Week of the Year."

Upon returning the Canada, there was one story about my trip that I felt like I must share with those who read my LabSpaces blog. It happened to me in London, in a very old Abbey, called Westminster. Read all about what happened to me in "An Unexpected Surprise in London."

In my continuing quest to try something new, I decided to use my brand new iMac and put up a video review of a book that the author had sent to me. Check out "My First Ever Video Book Review!"

Every month from now on, LabSpaces creates unique questions for the bloggers to answer. The one for this month was "what you would do if you weren't doing what you're doing now?" So, read the rather interesting answer of mine in "What I'd be doing if I wasn't doing science - A Musical."

Lastly, my most recent post was about how horses have adapted to run, and why when they fall, it is often an injury that they cannot recover from (the post was inspired by seeing the movie "Secretariat," starring Diane Lane and John Malkovich).
My newest post is called "Off to the Races!"

Whenever I write a new post, I will post the link here for all to see.

Until then, you stay classy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home