<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: Animal FUN!!!!

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Animal FUN!!!!

Animals keep me sane.

I love learning about them, and I tend to remember the oddest stuff about them.

For example, I know that a giraffe's tongue is so long that it can lick the inside of its own ears.

Or, that the Tuatara lizard has three eyes, with one on top of its head.

Here are three stories that I like, that keep me sane, have some humour in them and are informative :)

How about some of the world's weirdest animal mating rituals?

Or, the most HORRIFYING bugs in the world?

And lastly, read about the six 'adorable' animals that COULD kill you?

Enjoy!!!!!

Oh, and this pic makes me laugh.

Thisis how an Armadillo lizard protects itself :)

CLICK HERE

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So crazy Sh*@! I'm horrified by those crazy bugs (esp the one that said it will be in Montana in 2010). Thanks for giving me nightmares!

p.s. I thought you were going to write about some girl you met!!

 
At February 16, 2009 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought you'd like this - a link to mating rituals, including penis jousting by flatworms:
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/02/animalcourting.html

Enjoy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home