<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: They may take this train, but they will never take, our FREEDOM!

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Saturday, December 27, 2008

They may take this train, but they will never take, our FREEDOM!

A very happy holiday season to everyone out there! I hope you all spent a great time with your families, loved ones, dogs, cats, sock puppets, whatever!

To catch you up, I finally finished my apprenticeship in Ottawa, as it continued to snow. I felt better, so I actually went in for those final days, and finished ALL my work.

Then, on Tuesday afternoon, I left with my fellow MJ student to the VIA train station. We got there about an hour and 40 minutes early, which I was instructed to do the previous night by a VIA Rail employee. So, we sat and played a few rounds of "pick a text message and see whose is better." We had limited options, ok?

During the wait, we heard an announcement that a train coming FROM Toronto to Ottawa was running an hour and 20 minutes late. We didn't pay it any mind ... mistake #1.

The train was supposed to leave at 5, and we boarded at 4:45p.m. All good so far.

At 5:02 p.m., we were told that we had to wait for the Ottawa bound train to clear the tracks, and that we would have to wait about 60 minutes.

At 6:20 p.m., we finally left Ottawa, 80 minutes behind schedule.

When we reached our first destination, we had to wait ANOTHER 70 minutes for another train to pass us. So, for those who were keeping track, that puts us 150 minutes behind schedule! So, instead of getting in at 9:30 p.m., we were going to arrive at 11:40 p.m!!!!!

In total, on the train ride, I spent basically 7 hours on a train ride that was only supposed to take 4 and a half!

There was one bright spot on the ride, however.

I brought along my favourite movie on DVD: BRAVEHEART!

It is, after many long hours of contemplation, my favourite movie.

That movie has everything: Action, Drama, Comedy, Blood, Scottish people, a crazy Irishman, some nudity, bagpipes, basically historically accurate (not quite, but pretty close) and, of course, the beautiful Scottish and Irish scenery.

Everytime I watch that movie, I enjoy it. Not many movies maintain a constant level of enjoyment. I would encourage everyone to watch it, as it has something for everyone. Bloody good violence for the guys, and a good, but not overly mushy, love story for that girls.

Watch it, you'll thank me later ;)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 27, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Ask me about my 2 and a half days of travel delay and you might feel better.

'Tis the season.

 
At December 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, I re-read your blog about your trip, and I did feel a little better.

'Tis the season when it happens ;)

 
At December 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You're a little bit sexist, brotha!

You wrote that Braveheart is a great movie for guys and girls because it has, "Bloody good violence for the guys, and a good, but not overly mushy, love story for the girls."

I like bloody good violence and saw Braveheart in the theatre when you were 11! Remember that some girls like blood and guts, and some guys like mushy romance!!

 
At January 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Sara said the Braveheart/gender thing, so I don't have to. I like Sara.

You forgot to mention that the losing messages of the text game got deleted. See, that gives the game a purpose. And an element of danger. Riveting.

Also, I can only assume the tag "awesome" applies so me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home