<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: MATH FUN!

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

MATH FUN!

Helloooo all you crazy people out there you read my blog!

First, David Manly updates!!!! Woooooot!
1) I got accepted to Carleton University for the Master's of Journalism program and I am going there in September! As well, I also got offered a TA-ship. How cool is that?
As for WHAT I'll be TA-ing, that is still unknown, but it'll definitely make it interesting :)
2) I am still searching for a summer job, and I know it's a little late in the game, but if anyone has ANY ideas.... please let me know!

Now, as most (if not all of you know), I am a little bit of a nerd. And as such, I tend to understand and appreciate math/biology/physics/chemistry jokes. An example of this is in the TV show "The Big Bang Theory", which is about a group of physicist/engineering friends and there day to day activities searching for happiness in their work and personal lives. It is, without any doubt, the FUNNIEST show on television right now! It is on Mondays at 8pm on CBS.

Math humour even reaches movies, as seen in the new Harold and Kumar movie, Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. In this movie, Kumar writes a love poem entitled "The root of 3", and here it is:

I'm sure that I will always be,
A lonely number like root three.
The three is all that's good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight?
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine.
For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic.
I know I'll never see the sun, as 1.7321.
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality,
When hark! What is this I see?
Another square root of a three.
As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply.
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer.
We break free from our mortal bonds,
With the wave of magic wands.
Our square root signs become unglued,
Your love for me has been renewed.

I hope you get it, because I could not stop laughing in the theater!

Cheers for now :)

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2008 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

super awesome high five on the school & TA opportunities.... as for the TV shows... =\
the FUNNIEST show on tv is no way big bang theory....HOWEVER, I am going to go ahead and assume that you got confused because the big bang theory comes on right before the funniest show on TV.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home