<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: Twelve Months of Manly

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Twelve Months of Manly

I have decided to do something which I have yet to do here on my blog, and that is participate in an Internet fad, which in this case is called "Twelve Months."

The rules are simple:
-Post the link and first sentence from the first blog entry for each month of the past year.

So, let's see what turns up!

January:
Two interesting things have happened to me over the past few days. (I had just gotten a letter in the mail from the Prime Minister's Office)

February:
Yeah, I know it's been a while. Yeah, I know you all have been eagerly awaiting my next post. (Posted all my tweets about the science conference I went to)

March:
Based on my background, as well as my thesis, many people assume that I am an animal guy through and through. Granted, my thesis was on frog salinity tolerance, and I know quote a bit about a vast majority of animals – but that is not my only area of interest. (Book review of SUPERBUG)

April:
NO Posts (Had just graduated and began looking for work in earnest)

May:
Welcome, welcome, welcome! (Changed the name of my blog to "The definitive host" from "Musings of a Manly.")

June:
Sorry for the long delay between posts, but it's gotten surprisingly hectic over here. (Posted my Masters project on black-footed ferrets)

July:
NO Posts (Working for someone in Texas)

August:
NO Posts (Went to Europe)

September:
NO Posts (Started a new full-time job, and did not make me want to write even more)

October:
Hey there folks, sorry for my prolonged absence! (Posted all the links to my LabSpaces posts that I had been making over the past few months)

November:
NO Posts (Sorry ... but the job was eating up a lot of time)

December:
Are there aliens among us? (About the Arsenic Aliens story)

Quite the busy year, eh?

But don't you worry, as this trend of months going by without a post shall continue no more!
One of my New Year's Resolutions is to write more on my blog, as well as workout more and finish my novel ... it's going to be a great year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home