<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: Update and recent movie reviews

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Monday, July 28, 2008

Update and recent movie reviews

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!

First off, I would like to apologize to everyone for not writing anything for so long. Once I was done at York, I relaxed, went on vacation to Vegas and started work, I got side-tracked. BUT, I'm going to now try to update it as much as possible.

So, to begin, an update in the David-verse:
I found a place in Ottawa! It's just a room in a house with a nice man who rents out the room to students. The move will be taking place August 31st I think... so, anyone who wants to host a farewell party... keep that in mind ;)

Other than that, work is keeping me exceptionally busy and exhausted simultaneously. That being said, it's better than a few of jobs I have worked in the past :)

Let's start with some movie reviews, shall we?
X-Files: I want to believe
I was excited for this movie, because I was a fan of the series back in it's heyday and I possess all the DVD seasons. Therefore, I was expecting more than was delivered. HOWEVER, it was still an enjoyable movie and you do get a few drops of interesting information about what has transpired in between the end of the series and the beginning of this movie. I would have enjoyed a more paranormal story, as opposed to the human monster variety that was presented. But, it was still great to see Mulder and Scully once again.... and I hope they keep making more!

Wall-E
Fantastic animation, heart-warming story, great characters. It's no Finding Nemo, though

Iron Man
I LOVED IT so much that I saw it twice. It was everything I expected a more. Amazing, funny, action-packed... SEE IT!

The Dark Knight
As much as I anticipated Iron Man, this movie eclipsed it. I bought tickets ahead of time and counted down the days until I could see it. It is a rare occasion where a movie actually exceeds my expectations and the hype surrounding it, and this was one of those movies. Christian Bale was good, Aaron Eckhart gave a great performance and Maggie Gylenhaal did a respectable job... but none holds a candle to the fabulously transcendent Heath Ledger. Forget Jack in all of his brilliance... this is now the Joker to me. He stole EVERY SINGLE SCENE HE WAS IN, and I could not take my eyes off of him. He was deliciously evil, beautifully acted, amazingly portrayed, and as mad as a hatter. I HOPE he is nominated for an Oscar and would win, as he definitively deserves it, based on the current movie crop I have seen so far this year. I heartily recommend everyone to see it and it my favourite movie I have seen this year bar none. ALL the rest of the movies I see this year will stand up to this, and I doubt any will even be close to it.

Well, that's all for now, but I have many ideas for posts and I will do the next one ASAP.

Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David!

I completely agree with your review on The Dark Knight! I went to go see it just two days ago and I was BLOWN away...I LOVED it. Heath Ledger was incredible!! I didn't see HIM as the joker..I saw the JOKER HIMSELF. UNreal. I can't stop talking about it! I only have one tiny criticism...and that's with Maggie.... One word: Average. Then again, I don't think they wanted an actress who would take away from the movie...if that even makes sense...

I love all batman movies but this takes the cherry x2!

Cheers!

 
At July 28, 2008 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...what about Hellboy II? I'm hurt....lol

btw, loved the skydiving videos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home