<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: My Weird Life

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Weird Life

So tired .... my body is aching from lack of sleep, and plain ol' overwork. And the proverbial IN pile never seems to decrease, no matter how productive I am.

*sigh*

And, to make my life EVEN busier, I took on a little side project.

A friend of mine I made via Twitter, Dr. Debby Herbenick PhD, runs the website called My Sex Professor (Located here). In case you cannot tell by the name of her website, she is a sex health researcher with Indiana University.

Once day, over Twitter, she mentioned something about weird facts. So, I sent her one about how flatworms "penis fence," and she LOVED it.

She asked me if I knew any more weird animal mating facts.

Naturally, being the kind of guy who is obsessed with learning everything about animals he can, I said "ohhh yeah."

So, she invited me to Guest Blog.

And here is the final product, called "Weird & Wild: Five Ways Animals Get Creative About Sex."

It was a BLAST to research and write.

As I told someone earlier today, I really haven't had that much fun writing since I started J-school. Tells you something, doesn't it?

I hope you enjoy reading it, and let me know what you think!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Sara said...

Awesome blog post. This is some crazy sh**! All of a sudden, I have a new found respect for slugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home