<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: The Definitive Answers - Part Deux

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Definitive Answers - Part Deux

Sorry for the delay in reaching the next part of The Definitive Answers, but its been a crazy few weeks filled with family stuff, sporadic Internet connectivity, participating in The Epic Writing Adventure and other stuff I don't even want to go into.

But, I have not forgotten!

I've continued to get emails with questions from people, so I decided to make a YouTube video that answers three interesting questions posed to me recently.

In this video, I answer three animal-related questions from Lucy in Edmonton, Jenny in Chicago and Matthew from Alberta.

Remember: Submit your questions to askdavidquestions@gmail.com, and I'll answer them in the upcoming editions of The Definitive Answers.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: Please note that when I mention the nictating membrane, I was actually referring to the structure known as the tapetum lucidum. I had gotten my notes mixed up with research on sharks that I was making earlier in the day. Thank you Neil for the correction!



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I like the idea behind this series. When you mention the nictitating membrane, I think you might actually mean the tapetum lucidum. Or maybe not. Worth checking out, anyway.

 
At February 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous de Sa said...

Great explanations David. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Like most things in the animal kingdom, it all comes down to attracting the ladies." - BEST QUOTE EVER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home