<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: David the Hero, Karma the Saviour and Sara Palin

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Thursday, November 6, 2008

David the Hero, Karma the Saviour and Sara Palin

So, I got quite the response from my last blog post. Apparently, it even freaked a few people out!

Therefore, this an official statement. I AM NOT DEAD! MY HEAD DID NOT EXPLODE, I AM PERFECTLY OK. I thought you all should know ;)

The reason behind it was, I had a VERY bad and stress-filled Monday. So, on the walk home, I thought, "My head hurts because of all the stress. I wonder if my head could explode? Huh, there's an idea for a blog post." And that's it.

The rest of this week has been pretty blah, except for a few interesting tidbits.

On Wednesday, I went to the library to do some photocopying and reading for an essay. While I was photocopying, this very pretty woman beside me was having trouble with a computer terminal. She turned to me and said, "Do you know anything about computers? I'm having a terrible time here."

I crookedly smiled, and said, "I can fiddle."

She then, she explained to me her problem downloading an attachment and printing it off. I spent a minute and found her document. She looked at me with this huge look of admiration and said, "Thank you SOOO much! You literally saved my life. I don't know what I would have done."

She then smiled, a very pretty smile, gave me a hug and whispered, "You're my hero. I'm Ariel. Thank you." And then she left.

Weird, huh?

The next interesting thing was today, when I went to the library to do some more photocopying. I had forgotten my photocopy card, so I was out of luck. And then, for some reason, a girl behind me offered me her photocopy card.

"Really? I cannot believe that you would give this to a total stranger. I'll give it back as soon as I'm done," I said. I then ran to do my copying, and came back where she was.

"Thank you once again," I said.

"It's good karma," she said. "Just remember, pay it forward." And then she winked and walked away.

Well what do you know, good people do exist! They're just exceedingly RARE.

For those of you who do not know, Pay It Forward was a movie about a child, played by Haley Joel Osment, who got the idea to do something good for someone. There is no catch, just that you must "Pay the good deed forward" to 3 other people.

And lastly, I was watching the Daily Show with John Stewart, where he lovingly discussed the ever-entertaining Sarah Palin.
Apparently, certain facts about her were off-the-record until the election was over. For example:
- Sarah Palin was not aware of certain civic liberties in the U.S.
- She would have tantrums about her press-clippings
- And lastly, she had difficulty accepting the fact that Africa was a continent, and NOT A COUNTRY.

Ohhh, I hope she doesn't disappear from the news, as she is very, very entertaining.

This upcoming weekend is going to be very, very stressful. I have a 3,000 word essay and it's respective presentation due on Monday. The topic is very complicated and highly confusing to someone who doesn't know anything about Political Science.

Wish me luck, wish me speed, wish me coherency and lastly, wish me good mental health. Cause if this keeps happening, my wall is going to have a very significant David's-head-sized dent.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 7, 2008 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! Much more positive than your last one! I will ignore the fact that you wrote "accepting" improperly in your blog...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home