<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: That which is me

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Monday, September 29, 2008

That which is me

Sorry for the delay in the post, this weekend and coming week appears to be INSANE!

I got a bunch of marks last week, some good and some not-as-good, and there is absolutely NO down time. Literally, you hand in an assignment, have class, and then the next one is due in a day or so! And that's only ONE class... I have three more of those suckers! *sigh*

Therefore, here is a story that perfectly encapsulates the trials and tribulations that is Ottawa:

Over the weekend, when I was busily doing my homework (as all good students were), I realized that I needed to do laundry.

So, I got my dirty clothes, already separated, and started load one. During this time, I was diligently doing my work.

After it finishes, I transfer it to the dryer and put the second load in the washing machine. Meanwhile, my head is just going nuts from all the work I have been pushing it to do.

So, I decide to take a break. I turn on ol' MSN and Facebook, and I chat to people from my program (who are all very nice...by the way). And did I mention that there are 21 of us, and only five guys? I know, the ratio is pretty bad... but we ALL have our crosses to bear ;)

So, I finish my break and continue doing work. And then, inevitably, I hit a mental block. I cannot think HOW I can continue this assignment, I'm just at a mental standstill.

As if it was meant to be, I hear the dryer stop. So, taking this as a sign, I go to fold and put away my clothes. When I bend down to remove the last piece of clothing from the dryer and stand up, all of the sudden, my eyes are blinded by shooting pain. I apparently did not notice that there were shelves above this dryer, and I hit the top of my head.... HARD. Suffice to say, expletives were shouted.

After, the pain subsided a little, I went back to my computer to finish my assignment. As I begin to type, my head is KILLING me. So, I touch the bump, and realize, that I'm bleeding!

So, like some bizarre statue, I sat with a Kleenex on my head until the bleeding subsided.
The bright side? As soon as that was done, my mental block was gone.

And so, does anyone know the moral of the story?
When you are hard at work and hit a mental wall, don't despair. Inspiration will hit you sooner or later ;)

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2008 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...love that your blog came full circle :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home