<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thedavidmanly.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The definitive host: Who am I?

The definitive host

de·fin·i·tive host (duh-fin'eh-tiv) n. 1) An organism where a parasite undergoes the adult and sexual stages of its reproductive cycle 2) Someone you go to for interesting stories and/or facts, and puts on one hell of a dinner party 3) This blog, devoted to science and other geeky subjects

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who am I?

Two interesting things have happened to me over the past few days.

1) Over Facebook, I installed an application that tested how original your parents were in naming you.

Now, I know that David is a relatively common name, but I was shocked and highly entertained about what came up.

And I quote:
"Your parents get an F+ for originality.

Ranking - 'David' was the 5th most popular boy's name in your birth year.
Rarity - 87% of boys had rarer names that year. (Grade: F+)
Peak year - 'David' peaked in popularity in 1955.
Current rank - 'David' is currently the 14th most popular boy's name.
Current name - Your parents might name you 'Daniel' today (current #5)."

Read that last line again ... my parents MIGHT name me DANIEL today. DANIEL. The name of my identical twin.

You think that means the universe is trying to tell me something?

2) This was just weird.

I checked out my Master's mail box today while I was going to go edit some radio stuff, and noticed that I had a letter. Intrigued, I looked at the envelope.

This is what I saw:



*Click on it to see a larger image, believe me, it's worth it*

Intrigued that it was from the PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE, I opened it. And, I saw this:



*Same deal. Click on it to see a larger version of the picture*

Apparently, when I called the Prime Minister's Office last term about Senate reform (see my Capital News Online article about it on the right), they actually DID receive my message. However, seeing as the letter was addressed January 4 2010, and my article was due at the beginning of December 2009, it did me little good to receive it now.

But apparently, Harper appreciated my request and asked the signer to give me his thanks.

So, Harper was told about my request. That means he heard my name, and did not want to be interviewed by me. I've only started my journalistic career, and have already been blacklisted by the PM.

I guess that means I'm a bonafide Canadian journalist!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous de Sa said...

Way to go Daniel...errr....David... "Blacklisted" by the PM! I bet I can beat you and be blacklisted by the PM and the Gov-Gen!

What I found most amusing was the excuse they gave: "Unfortunately, Mr. Harper was unable to fulfill your request owing to previous international commitments."

The PH was out on foreign relation missions? I would like to see the proof! jk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home